From hollywood to Harlem

Travelling from L.A. to N.Y over the next 2-3 weeks.

Saturday, September 09, 2006









Day 12........


I've made it!
I am here!
Its my birthday today and ive made it to NY !
Ive completed this coast to coast journey! Hurray!

I left Philadelphia this morning and it didnt take me too long to get to New York,
Met loads of toll bridges today too! I was heading for JFK airport following the signs when i saw a sign for 'Shea' stadium so i had to stop to get a snap there!

I pulled the jeep into the car rental place, apart from it being a bit dusty at the back, theres no marks on it at all! the clock read 3678 miles driven from LA to NY.

Todays blog entry will be short as ive hooked up with my friend Anthony who i havent seen in 6 years and we are heading out right now! I got a big old yellow cab to Manhattan which was quite a ride and then walked around central park a bit to get some air.

Im in NY for the next 5-6 days so ill probably put in a final NY entry as so far i havent stayed in one place for more than a day!
I'd like to say thanks to everyone who checked in and had a look and said hello along the way!

Thanks for taking this trip with me!

Talk to you all soon!

Shimmy Shea x

3 Comments:

Blogger shea said...

Thanks jay n Fi, looking forward to seeing you all next week,


Thanks rain king that pint sounds good,

Thanks all the Malone-Murphy crowd and brendan and eve,
and Anthony says hello back to you all!

Talk to you all soon,
Shem

9:19 AM  
Blogger willipino said...

wow, you made it. i bet ken 50 bucks that you'd get lost somewhere in arkansas and be held prisoner by some hillbillies. oh well. you can't win 'em all.
good to see that you found shea stadium.
enjoy the big apple, and post some more pics before you leave.

adios
-willy

oh yeah, happy birthday!

2:07 PM  
Blogger shea said...

Hey Willipino,

Sorry if you lost out on the 50bucks to Ken but it was a close call, i just escaped the hillbillies in Arkansas!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home